|Name of the Scheme||Grant Aid to fish farmers of rural ponds / municipal bodies|
|Objectives of the Scheme||The scheme is proposed with the aim of Improvement of social and economic condition of fishermen of rural ponds / Municipal bodies through providing financial assistance for various activities of fisheries and increase in production.|
|Format and coverage of the Scheme||The scope of the scheme will be in entire Madhyapradesh.|
|Plan Implementation Process||1. Wide dissemination of the scheme shall be done by departmental district officer and departmental field officer and they will provide the detailed information about the scheme by conducting the meetings etc.
2. To get the financial assistance, under this scheme, fish farmer beneficiaries will submit the application, in the prescribed format to the departmental district officer.
3. Concerned regional officer of the department will examine the proposal according to clause 4 and 6, if it is found correct he will send it to district office of the department with recommendation.
4. If application is found correct in all respect under the provisions of the scheme, amount of the grant will be decided by the District officer of the department within the period of 15 days, on the basis of calculation according to prescribed norms in clause no. 6, and all the applications which found correct will be listed and send to the Agriculture standing committee of District Panchayat for approval.
5. District officer of the department will provide the category wise (General category, Scheduled caste and Schedule Tribe) information of allocated fund for the financial year to the Agriculture standing committee and will prepare the category wise list of beneficiaries up to the extent of the allocated funds to get the approval for providing the grant.
6. If Jila Panchayat's Agriculture Standing committee does not approve the proposal within 45 days, then District Collector is authorized to approve the proposal submitted by the District officer of the department and remind the forthcoming proceeding.
7. After the approval of Agriculture standing committee, departmental district officer will follow the proceeding for payment according to the scheme after obtaining the approval from CEO Jila Panchayat.
8. In any case, payment to any institute, Agency or Person in cash is wholly prohibited.
|Eligibility of beneficiary||1. Fish farmers of all castes may avail the benefits of the scheme. The caste is no bar.
2. only those beneficiaries will be eligible, who have leased ponds and reservoirs of Panchayat / Municipal body according to the rules under fishery policy 2008 and engaged in fisheries.
3. Guilty / Defaulter / Bankrupt / Inactive fish farmers according to the terms and conditions of lease agreement and under fisheries policy 2008, may not be eligible for the scheme.
|Duration of Training||15 days training is provided to the beneficiaries under departmental fishermen's training program. Beneficiaries will be selected for training Under the scheme and the training will be provided to them.|
|Amount of Grant||1. Under the provisions of scheme, In 10 years lease period, the grant will be provided continuously for 10 years to the beneficiary fishermen according to their eligibility.
2. The limit of the grant for 1 hectare water area has been fixed as per the table given below. The grant will be approved by calculating on the basis of water area of the pond.
3. Amount of grant will be fixed on the basis of actual expenses, incurred in a financial year which starts from 1st April and ends on 31st March. No. -- work - for which the grant will be provided -- Percentage of the grant in lease period under the scheme -- Maximum limit of grant (In Rs.) 4. for the lease amount of the pond, fish seed, boat, fish net, fish food, fertilizers and manure and medicine purchasing arrangements beneficiary fishermen required to own.
5. After submitting the receipt of lease amount deposited in Panchayats / Municipal bodies, Receipts of purchase of Boats, Fish net, Fish foods, Fertilizers and manure and medicines which were purchased from fish seed producers of the state and authorized vendors, the grant will be paid in to the beneficiary's Bank account according to eligibility by the departmental district officer after examining under clause 6.6 to 6.9 and if found it correct in all respects.
6. Lease amount of the pond will only be valid under the provisions set out in clause 1.5 of Fisheries policy 2008, in any case lease amount more than prescribed rates should not be sanctioned.
7. The amount for fish seed harvesting shall be sanctioned at the value of ten thousand fingerlings per hectare by calculating according to the rates fixed by the Government, in any case amount in excess of the prescribed value and rates should not sanctioned.
8. In the first year maximum 50 % of the maximum limit of proposed grant for boat and fish net , in the second year maximum 25 % and in the third year 25 % or whichever is less of the value of the calculations of water area, should be sanctioned.
9. In the first year maximum 33 % of the maximum limit of proposed grant for Fish foods, Fertilizer, Manure, and medicines in the second year maximum 25 % , in the third year 25 % and in the fourth year the remaining amount or whichever is less of the value of the calculations of water area, should be sanctioned.
10. If the beneficiary was given the benefits of grant in first year then it must be benefitted under the provisions of the scheme in coming years.
11. Fish Farmers will be eligible for the grant in second and subsequent years in the condition of proper utilization of grant sanctioned in prior years, adoption of latest technology of fisheries under the guidance of Panchayat and the department, and in the condition of regularly providing the information for valuation.
12. in any case, beneficiary of the scheme will not be eligible for grant in any other scheme of fisheries.
13. Fish farmers benefited in previously approved and operated schemes will remain eligible for remaining aid on revised rates.
|Financial Arrangements||Under the scheme aid will be granted to beneficiary fish farmers of general caste (including Other backward class) scheduled caste, scheduled tribes from state's plan Head, In the context of development activities financial arrangements may also be from other schemes.|
|Other Information||Monitoring and Reporting :
1. The monitoring of timely implementation and cent per cent quality of work will be done by the district officer of the Department of fisheries.
2. Monthly and quarterly information on the progress of the scheme will be forwarded in the prescribed format by the Block development in charge Assistant fisheries officer or fisheries Inspector to the Directorate through the District officer of the Department on regular basis.
3. Divisional officer will be the nodal officer for the scheme.