|Name of the Scheme||Fish food management plan in rural ponds|
|Objectives of the Scheme||The purpose of proposed scheme is, to be made aware of use and importance of formulated floating or non floating feed (supplementary fish food) to increase the fish productivity of rural ponds|
|Format and coverage of the Scheme||Implemented in all districts of the State|
|Plan Implementation Process||Attached|
|Eligibility of beneficiary||Beneficiaries, having qualifications described below, will be included under this scheme.
1. Single beneficiary, Beneficiaries receiving rural pond in a group, caste and priority is no bar.
2. Eligibility of rural pond.
2.1 Eligibility of rural pond on the basis of availability of water, All perennial rural ponds, All long seasonal rural ponds which remains water essentially until after the months of March and April.
2.2 Eligibility of rural ponds on the basis of ownership.
1. All rural ponds of Gram Panchayat ownership.
2. Ponds made under Fish Farmer Development Agency scheme.
3. Fishing ponds made under Meenakshi Scheme.
4. Ponds made under other departmental scheme in which fishing is being undertaken under the plans and guidance of the Department of Fisheries.
5. Ponds of private sector in which fishing is being undertaken under the plans and guidance of the department of Fisheries.
6. All irrigation reservoirs and short seasonal ponds in which water dries before the month of March - April, shall not be included in the plan.
3. Eligibility of rural ponds on the basis of water area.
3.1 Perennial rural ponds ,Small rural ponds, of minimum 0.2 hectare water area will not be included in the plan.
Large rural ponds of maximum 10.00 hectare water area will not be included in the plan. Priority will be given to perennial ponds in selection.
3.2 Long seasonal rural ponds small rural ponds of minimum 4.0 hectare waters will not be included in the plan. Large rural ponds of maximum 5.0 hectare waters will not be included in the plan.
|Duration of Training||1. First one day training will be imparted to the selected beneficiary before starting the use of fish food, in which information on use of fish food will be given.
2. Second training (Pre Harvest Training) will be given during use of fish food, in which the training regarding growth of fishes by using organic and inorganic fertilizers and fish food will be provided to the concerned fish farmers with other fish farmers.
3. Third training (Post Harvest Training) regarding growth of fishes, use of fish net by using fish net before neighboring fish farmers etc. will be provided to fish farmers.
4. It will be the responsibility of the Departmental officer posted at Block level to provide the necessary technical guidance regarding use of Fish food and be sure the use of fish food.
5. when fish food activities starts, the Departmental Officer posted at concerning Block office will provide the technical guidance to beneficiaries on time to time.
|Amount of Grant||The grant is provided as " Fish Foods", in which – 1. Financial assistance to beneficiaries is 90% of the Unit cost i.e. Rs. 45,000/- at the rate of per hectare , which is payable only once. 2. 10% of the Unit cost i.e. Rs. 5,000/- per hectare shall be bear by the beneficiary. Fish Food of Rs. 50,000/- will be provided from District Office of M.P. Agro|
|Other Information||It will be necessary for the beneficiary to give a consent letter, that if the beneficiary will be selected he will deposit the Bank Draft of 10 % amount of his share. District Officer of the Department will also instruct to selected beneficiaries that they will deposit the Bank Draft of 10 % amount which is payable to M.P. Agro, in time.|